Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another round

Kioni standing on a long footbridge in front of the reclamation area in the harbour right outside of the City Hall in Central.

I was overjoyed when all her medicines are gone, no more watching the clock and watching how she was improving in her sicknesses.
She looked so good that we even went out to take a ferry ride to the other side of the harbour and walked around a bit.
It was a hot and humid day, so I gave her a shower as soon as we arrived home in the afternoon. That's when I found the red dots. They were not itchy, they were just there.

The next day they were even more prominent, since hand, foot and mouth disease is rampant in Asia, and has already killed 42 people in China. Though I didn't see any red spots inside or around her mouth, my parents urged me to take her to a doctor, just to make sure that she is OK.

The doctor, after doing some serious checking, told me that these are rashes caused by an allergic reaction to the virus that she just had. Since she didn't have a fever, and the spots are not quite in the right place, the doctor was sure that it is not the dreaded disease.

She is staying home today because her red dotted face might cause some panic in public places. So we just stay home and take it easy for the next couple of days until the redness goes down.

No comments: