Friday, December 26, 2008

First biking accident



Seeing her bike for the first time on Christmas morning.



A test drive

Well, that's Daddy's mistake. He has higher expectation that the reality, he lets go of the bike too early, thinking that Kioni can ride the bike all by herself, and boom! Kioni flew off the bike, scrape the left side of her face to the ground in the park. Of course, she screamed bloody murder, but with the promise of ointment and bandaid, she feels much better, though still sobbing.

Dan, being who he is, comforted her for about three minutes, and while she is screaming about not wanting to go on the bike anymore, he puts her right back on it, and made her ride for another 15 minutes. He wants to make sure she will not be forever afraid of riding the bike. "You fall off a horse, and you go right back on." That's Dan motto. The video you saw below shows what happen after the accident, you can hear Kioni scream: "I want to go home, I don't want to ride anymore." Though she scream for help from me, I can only held her for a while, or else, I will have to fight Dan to get her off the bike.

At the end, everything is fine. Kioni just said, "Make sure Ellie and Zoe don't come over." She doesn't want to show her hurt face to her friends, which is totally understandable. No permanent damage done.

Kioni always wanted a bike, and she is so happy this morning when she saw that we gave her a bike. I hope she will indeed ride on it again.

No comments: