Kioni asked why she is homeschooled, I gave her several reasons, but she didn't quite understand she is a bit advanced in reading and writing. So I asked her, "Do you want to sit in a classroom with other kids and learn how to write A, B, C?" She said, "Why do I have to learn how to write A, B, C all over again? I already know them." I said, "Because that's what 1st graders do."
Then she burst into tears, "Mommy, please don't send me to regular school. . ."
I felt so bad because I didn't mean to give her the wrong impression about 'regular school', after all, she might go to regular school after we are done being nomads.
She is not writing as much as when she was in Cebu, but her reading ability is improving everyday.
We just started 2nd grade for her, in the Sonlight Core 2 curriculum, they have geology, geography, paleontology, etc., lots of fun. She is also learning about the Roman Empire, the explorers, and such.
No comments:
Post a Comment