Meme is gone for 3 days now. Kioni did not particulary look for her. Maybe Meme to her is just one of her toy animals. One thing I miss is to ask Kioni to feed Meme. She would take a few pieces of cookies and gave them to Meme. She would put dog food in Meme's bowl. And before Meme eat, Kioni will say grace for her. If Meme started eating with 'saying grace', Kioni would stand there and in a hurried voice, said a few sentences and then say 'Amen'. Then she would 'allow' Meme to eat. I don't think Kioni is missing that part.
She would from time to time mention Meme's name, but she did not look for her. Maybe Meme was not her playmate, since she slept so much, her death is not impacting Kioni in a deep way, well, at least not as much as it is impacting Dan and I.
We will show Kioni photos of Meme and her sitting together when Kioni is older and understand what is going on. The two of them did have some nice photos together.
No comments:
Post a Comment