Kioni got up at 6:30 this morning, an hour earlier than normal. She jumped into our bed, put her head right on daddy's pillow. Daddy was in the shower getting ready for a long day of teaching. I told her since we didn't do her Kumon homework yesterday, we would have to do two sets of homework today to make it up.
"Sleep some more, you didn't have enough sleep." I was hoping that she would listen and go back to sleep, though I know it is highly unlikely that this would happen.
But then she moved her face closer to mine, her forehead touching my forehead. She said in a tiny sweet voice, "Mommy, can I go do Kumon?"
"Are you serious?" I was thinking to myself. It's 6:30 in the morning and you want to do Kumon.
That what she did, she spent the next 20 minutes doing her Kumon homework.
After she is all done with Kumon, she stood up and make a proclaimation:
"When I grow up...."
"What do you want do when you grow up?" I was thinking along the line of teacher (like daddy), doctor (like Big Bird in one of her books), firefighter (a dalmatian in her book), etc.
"I will find a man and get married, I will have a husband."
No comments:
Post a Comment