Although we've told Kioni about heaven, we've not described what it looks like. We only told her that in heaven Jesus will be waiting for us, there will be no more tears and no more crying, and those who believe in him will see each other.
While working through her homeschool Bible reading today we came to John 10:4-12, which speaks about how Jesus is the shepherd and we his sheep. This was the first time that she read about this metaphor, and she became very excited about the idea that we are sheep following Jesus. In the middle of the reading, she stood up from her chair and exclaimed,
"Mommy, I have dreamt that I floated up into heaven many times."
"Really?" I replied.
"Yes," she continued. "I dreamt that I was sleeping in my tent, and then I floated slowly up into the sky. I passed the clouds and then I was in heaven."
"Do you see anything when you were in heaven?"
"Heaven is VERY VERY bright! And warm too."
"Oh!? What else did you see?" I inquisitively asked.
"I saw lots of sheep, they are actually people."
"Oh?"
"Ate Maris was there, and so were you and daddy."
"So were you a sheep or a little girl?"
"I was a sheep."
"What did you do when you were in heaven?"
"Well, Jesus was there. He was very bright also. He looked like he was shinny with white and the golden rod color together." (Golden rod is a deep yellowish color in her crayon collection.)
"Did he talk to you?"
"He said to me, 'Come closer and take a look.' So I went over to him. I was very very happy when I saw him. He didn't have any beard."
I was surprised to hear her talk about heaven, since I know we've not described to her what it looks like. And today was the first time she realized that we are like sheep following Jesus.
Knowing her, and looking at the way she talked, I believe that she actually had such a dream several times. I would not even be surprised if these dreams were even more than dreams, especially since she described things that she had no knowledge of prior to today's Bible reading. All and all, pretty cool, eh?

3 comments:
amazing!!!
Thanks so much for sending this along. How amazing and special!
This is truly amazing! Kioni is one special child - Wow. It is almost scary that she would say all these things.
Post a Comment