Kioni had to say quite a few "forever goodbyes" in the past few days. First to her Kumon teacher, Teacher Kitty, and then today, to her first piano teacher, Miss Reynes. Kioni was so sad that she had sniffled nose and tears while she clang on to me and refused to say goodbye to Miss Reynes. Miss Reynes had teary eyes too. She said, "I still remember the first day I see her, as soon as I touched her fingers, I know she can play. I asked her to follow how I played, and she did it with no mistake. I know I can teach her, even though she was only 3."
Then tonight we said goodbye to the mission team, we had dinner at 10 Dove Street, one of our favourite hangouts, and then we said goodbye to everybody. No tears, Kioni was too tired already.
But when we put her to bed, she thought about Squeak, she was almost in tears and said,"Squeak will be lonely without his friends." I told her he will be OK with Ate Maris' whole family taking care of him, and he also have kitten friends in the neighbourhood.
I don't know what will happen when we have to say goodbye to Maris tomorrow at the airport. The two of them have grown close since we first arrived, since she was still in diapers. Maris has been a part of Kioni's life as long as she can remember.
I explained to Kioni that it is always sad to say goodbye to people we love, that's part of life. But for all those who believe in Jesus, we will all see each other again in heaven, and there will be no more goodbyes. She is not satisfied with the answer, but really cannot think of anything more things to say. She went to bed in a sad mood. Hopefully tomorrow will not be too difficult. Lord, please give her your perfect peace in her little mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment