Bought a few Easter chocolate eggs for Kioni at Costco. She said, "Mommy, in Thousand Island (her imaginary land), Easter is today." (She thought only on the day of the celebration can you eat a certain festive food, so basically she is saying, I want to eat it tonight.) I said she can eat it only after she finished her dinner. She ate dinner super fast while holding the chocolate egg in her hand.She opened the Easter chocolate egg wrapping with wonder, savoring every bite she took, then she turned to me and said, "Mom, this is the happiest day of my life." (Very dramatic, as usual.)
We put her down for bed at 8:00pm, at 9:00, we heard her getting out of bed, when I went to the stairs to go up, she was halfway down, crying, "I can't sleep, mommy, I can't sleep."
Then I suddenly remember the caffeine in the chocolate and told her that's what is probably stopping her from feeling tired. She said, "That's why kids shouldn't eat too much chocolate right before bedtime. And adults should not eat chocolate before bedtime either. And that's why you only drink one cup of coffee every day."
Then, with a very solemn look, she said, "Then caffeine is brown."
Hmmmm. . . I guess so, caffeine does look brown, doesn't it?
.
1 comment:
When I have sleepless night once in a while, I feel like crying in the middle of the night too.
Post a Comment