Sunday, November 05, 2006

Put batteries in the fan

We had a 12 hour scheduled brown out yesterday. Kioni asked why couldn’t we turn on the fan and the A/C. I told her that the power was out, there was no electricity coming through. She immediately said, “The fan needs some batteries, you can put some batteries in there to make it work.” I explained that the fan used the ply on the wall to make it work, and proceeded to show her the wire of the fan. Then she dragged me to the door, I asked her what she was doing. “Buy some new wires to make the fan work.” She thought the wires were not working. It is very hard for her to understand the concept of electricity, something that she cannot see. However, it is strange that she totally accepts that Jesus lives in her heart, interesting.

No comments: