Thursday, November 02, 2006

Snow baby

Kioni has refused to go outside to play for quite a while now, even when I suggested the pool, she is not interested. This morning, when we were eating breakfast, out of the blue she proclaimed, "Philippines is VERY VERY hot." I was surprised because it was only 7:30 in the morning. I asked her if she was hot, she said, "No, no, no, I am not hot, Philippines is VERY VERY hot." She repeated.
I asked her if likes the heat, she definitively shook her head, then I asked her if she likes the snow, she immediately said 'YES'. Then she said, "I can wear gloves, jacket hat and play in the snow."

I guess she truly is a snow baby. (For those who don't know the meaning of her name, please check the top of her blog.) She gets very irritated by the heat and sweat, one time I found her slapping her own head, when I asked her why, she said her head was itchy, I thought she had lice or something, but then I realized that it was the sweat that was making her itch, and she absolutely hated it. She is unlikely some kids, who have very high tolerance for the heat, sweating does not bother them, they will still run around like crazy, not Kioni.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does Cebu have a dry or cool season during a year?

Sherry

Amy said...

We are now in the dry and cool season, but that still means 90F during the day. It is a bit cooler at night, but still you will need a fan. The hottest months are from April to September, and that is also the rainy season. It could get up to 120F. It is HOT!

Anonymous said...

wow, it's hard to imagine living in a hot place cause I don't have that experience. I don't know how I will live with it if I were there. I guess sooner or later you guys will get shrink under such strong heat.
By the way, I stopped by a toy store this week and saw a toy looks like Baba, but when I took a closer look, it has a white face and looks more like a dog not a sheep. So the search is still on.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to put my name in the last message, it's Sherry.