Thursday, April 26, 2007

London the fish




She just loves all moving things, yes, including all animals and buses. In the hotel where we are staying in Xiamen, they have fish in various ponds. Kioni loves watching them swim, she also attempted to touch them. A few days ago, she named one of the big orange fish 'London' (don't ask me why). Today, she named a few more, Unity, Strength and Alex. Go figure.

She asked to feed the fish yesterday, I told her we would go and ask the front desk when do they normally feed them everyday, so we can come watch, maybe the person who is responsible for feeding them will give some fish food for her to feed the fish.

The manager of the hotel happened to be the one whom answered my question, "In the morning,' he said, 'I will call you tomorrow morning when they feed the fish." "We won't be there, we have to go out." I said to him with disappointment, we will miss the feeding because we are going to the "school house".

When we came back in late afternoon, the housekeeping people asked if they could come in and clean our room. So we walked down to the pond and watch the fish while they clean our room. The hotel manager saw us and said hi. A few minutes later, a guy in hotel uniform came over with a big bowl of fish food. He walked right up to Kioni and told her to grab a bunch and throw them to the fish.

Then I realize that the manager must have made a special call to ask someone to come out with some fish food so Kioni could feed the fish!

I am very impressed with what happened, and wondered if the same thing would have happened if Kioni is not a mixed kid. I hope it will.

No comments: