Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Starting Kumon Math


Kioni was enorlled in Kumon Reading almost one year ago, on April 16th, 2006. After one year of doing Kumon Reading, she has now achieved the AI level, which is an equivalent of 1st grade. Today she will embark on Kumon Math. We thought she is ready for some math action, she took an assessment test yesterday at the Kumon center, and she is ready to start in the middle of level 7A (the lowest level). We are thrilled that at age three, she is starting Kumon Math, because normally, the Kumon centers in the Philippines won't accept kids who are 5 years old or younger into any Kumon program.

She just loves to to read, that is very clear when we see her with other kids. Today she has a couple of little friends come over, but after a few hours, she is ready to sit down and read a book or two. See how interested she will be in math. I have a lot of faith in the Kumon method, hope this will help her to get interested in math, since her mother is not a math person. I wish I knew about Kumon when I was young.

No comments: