Monday, October 02, 2006

Cut a hole

As seen in the photo, Kioni is wearing her panties, NO DIAPERS! Two weeks after we arrived in Cebu, I decided that it is time to re-train Kioni for going to the potty. This is the third day, she is progressing, but a bit resistant at times. Like tonight, after 4 hours of repeated efforts of trying to get her go, she didn't go. After 10 minutes of sitting on the potty, I decided to call it a night and took her upstairs for a bath. While waiting for me to get the tub ready, she peed her panties.
I had a conversation with her afterwards while putting her to bed:

Mommy: "Big girls don't wet their panties, right?"
Kioni nodded.
Mommy: "So will you pee tomorrow in your panties?"
She thought for a while and said, "How about a hole?"
I didn't get what she is saying, I thought she might be talking about the leg holes of the panties, so I said, "Yes, there are two legs holes for your legs to go into in the panties."
Kioni said, "No, no, no, a big hole."
Mommy: "What about a big hole?"
Kioni: "Mommy, you cut a big hole in the panties, so the pee will go down, and my panties won't get wet!"

I was stunned, what a problem solver! Since mom's objective is to have dry panties, cutting a big hole certainly will do the trick, that's quite logically, actually.

No comments: