Saturday, October 14, 2006

Officially potty trained

I declare that Kioni is officially potty trained! Hooray!

I started to seriously train her on October 2 (Monday), by the afternoon of next day, she already knew to tell me everytime she needs to go to the toilet. By the end of the week, she did not have any accidents anymore. This whole week I still put diapers on her for nap time and at time when she went to bed. However, she did not wet or soil her diaper except one time. This ended the first week.

This week is the second week. It is quite impressive. From Monday on, she has not pee in her panties nor soiled her panties, except one time when she played too hard and forgot that she needed to pee, when she remembered, it was a bit too late, she felt very bad about that accident. I let her nap in her panties this week, she did not have one accidents. Her diapers are also dry all week when she woke up in the morning. I am very proud of her.

In the past two week, she has been telling me everytime she needed to go, but in the past two days, she would just go to the toilet herself without me reminding her at all. Therefore, I am confident that she is fully toilet trained.

Though I am still a bit nervous about taking her out still, because I don't know how long she can hold her pee and poop, toilets are not as accessible as at home, but today she has proven herself to be a true big girl. Dan was at a department store buying pants, while Dan was in the fitting room, she told me she had to pee. I immediately turned and asked the sales ladies where the CR (Comfort Room, that's what they say here) is. They pointed me to the next floor up, by the shoe department. I scoop Kioni up and started running up the escalator, the whole time I was telling her to hold it inside and don't let it come out. I told her if she lets her pee pee out, mommy will be all wet also. She did it, she held her pee until we were at the bathroom. But the toilet seat was very dirty, so I had to clean it before putting her travel potty seat on it, so it took me a while. She just stood there and watch, and did not pee until she sat on the toilet. What a big girl!

It was then I decided that she is truly toilet trained. What a great skill that she has achieved!

1 comment:

ablogaday said...

Just calculate how much money you can save every month by not having to buy diapers anymore.

Congratulations and hooray for Kioni!